Monday 11 August 2008

Fun at the Fringe last Friday


On Friday I took the train to Edinburgh with dd#3 to meet her big sisters at Waverley. The journey is such a beautiful coastal one with views of some lovely beaches as the train glides right alongside them. We do have a quicker service, but I do love travelling on the coastal route. I only had my mobile phone and managed to grab a couple of shots of the Forth.


After a prolonged coughing fit I am sure the poor lady who sat next to me regretted it, she probably thought I had TB or something equally ghastly.


When we arrived at the station the girls train was running late so we had a walk along Princes Street Gardens to see if there were any performances going on.

Edinburgh is such a fantastic place during the Fringe and you get the chance to see some amazing and beautiful things from around the globe.

We managed to get a good view of a street magician from California who entertained the crowds with his act, while some other acrobats from down under had a large group across from us captivated.



Sadly we ran out of time and had to head back to the station, only to be stopped by the most beautifully dressed girls from Thailand handing out some flyers for their show. Sadly I was too slow to get a picture, but the girls were stunning in their costumes and make up.

I managed to grab a picture of the Scott monument on the way past before we decended back into the hustle and bustle of the station for some serous people watching.


I ended up going to the emergency doctors that night as my breathing had gotten worse and the cough would not subside, thanks to my allergies I can't take too many meds. The doctor was great and has given me a course of steroids to take for 5 days and if I am still not well its back to the GP to arrange x-rays. I hope it is better by then as it is wearing me down now.
Hence the lack of cooking posts!

3 comments:

Manggy said...

I'm glad you had fun, Angela-- Edinburgh looks breathtaking (as I'm sure all of Scotland is).

Now, you'd better get soon really quickly! (Who am I threatening?) I'm surprised you didn't start with the x-rays in the first place...

Marie Rayner said...

Ohh Angela, I do hope you start to feel better soon. I enjoyed seeing the pictures you took of your little jaunt. That last one is breathtakingly beautiful. I do long to visit Scotland one day. Some of my ancestors came from near Glasgow. GET BETTER SOON! That's an order!!!

Raquel said...

Angela, thanks so much for sharing your pics! Absoluetely lovely! I do hope you are better soon! Much love - Raquel XO