Monday, 13 July 2009

Bread for sharing


I made spaghetti and meatballs for dinner yesterday and thought it would be nice to have some home made garlic bread to mop up the sauce with. Ages ago when I first got my bread machine I trotted off to the library to look for books to inspire me to make lots of bread. One of the first ones I got was The Bread Machine Book by Marjie Lambert, which had a lovely selection of breads from around the world which I was keen to try, however the time came to hand the book back and I had made a few lovely loaves from the book, but not all of the ones I liked the look of.
Over a year later and I pop into a charity shop for a quick sweep of the books and utensils and what was on the shelf? The very same book a bargain at 50p, so this weekend I made the garlic and herb monkey bread and it was delicious.

It is really just a good bread dough with garlic added to it, then cut into little bits which are then dipped in garlic and herb butter and layered up in a dish/tin.
I would make it again as all the family enjoyed mopping up their sauce with it mmmmm delicious!

5 comments:

Manggy said...

Ooh, garlic and butter on bread-- a winning combination! :)

Marie said...

OH Angela! I have never made monkey bread. Yours looks fabulous and I love that you can do it in a bread machine, as I am hopeless at making bread! Thanks so much for sharing!

ionamitchell.x said...

mum that garlic bread wassssss scrummmmy, love you mumyyy xxxxxx

Sage said...

I just spotted your blog on yout Zaar Page and love the look of that monkey bread! I just started this blooging thing and enjoy it. I have 4 sons(adults now) but i have a feeling I lknow what it's like.
Take care
Sage/Rita

camelia said...

Hello,


We bumped into your blog and we really liked it - great recipes YUM YUM.
We would like to add it to the Petitchef.com.

We would be delighted if you could add your blog to Petitchef so that our users can, as us,
enjoy your recipes.

Petitchef is a french based Cooking recipes Portal. Several hundred Blogs are already members
and benefit from their exposure on Petitchef.com.

To add your site to the Petitchef family you can use http://en.petitchef.com/?obj=front&action=site_ajout_form or just go to Petitchef.com and click on "Add your site"

Best regards,

Vincent
petitchef.com